Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Crimewave" aka "The XYZ Murders"

Brought to you by the Cohen brothers(writers) and Sam Raimi (director) with Bruce as "Renaldo the Heel", I'd say this is a charming movie full of slapstick, Three Stooges references, and some excellent camera work.

I had some trouble with the sound quality, so I recommend using the subtitles. In my case, this added extra humor as I don't think the subtitles were written by a native English speaker.

Don't forget to watch the background, especially in the home of the burglar alarm company owner (whose name escapes me). What's that on a shelf near the door? A set-up? Could be!

Bruce plays a cheap womanizer complete with slicked-back hair. 10 points to the first person to spot Ted Raimi (Sam's brother) in his 5 second role.

Next time: "Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except"

No comments: